Another revision hits the presses, get your downloads at the Sourceforge dswifi files page.
There are some major bugfixes in this release, but besides that, it’s not really changing functionality much.
Many of you might thank me for the following changes:
*Fixed major bug in arm7 (potentially causing arm9 to lose track of the buffer, and lock up I/O – odd that I hadn’t seen this happen, but someone else certainly had, and let me know about it)
*Changed default behavior to use internal allocation system for memory (fixes interrupt allocation bug) (this was pretty stupid on my part, but it is fixed now. Now, for default behavior, the lib allocates a block of memory at startup and the default functions alloc/free from this small heap (you can still use your own, if you like, but you have to add an extra flag to the arm9′s init call, which is WIFIINIT_OPTION_USECUSTOMALLOC. The default heap size is 128k, but there are flags to specify 64k, 256k, and 512k as alternate heap sizes. 128k is probably more than most people will need, if you need lots of TCP connections (>7), then you will need to specify a larger heap size.)
*Fixed bug that could cause _CANNOTCONNECT to come up incorrectly when associating (this was a “transient” problem, occurred due to 2 state changes that were offset by a bit, causing a condition I didn’t initially expect – it is fixed now and Wifi_AssocStatus() should return values consistent with what you’d expect)
*Fixed blocking send() to actually be blocking. (odd that, I evidently didn’t set it up earlier. It is blocking-capable now though)

I’m not re-releasing the examples package because they’re essentially the same; there is only one difference and that’s I’ve removed the sgIP_malloc and sgIP_free functions from the wifi_lib_test project.
On a side note, if you do notice any bugs in the lib, please do contact me, via IRC (#dswifi on efnet or blitzed) or other means. I’m expecting to set up a bugtracker in the near future too, so there will be a more formal way to yell at me :)
Ok, And for those of you who are unhappy cause your favorite feature got left out (be it probe requests, the WFC data alternate WEP key format, or┬ánative┬áNintendo USB key compatibility) – sorry, but this project has become stagnant, probably because I’m continually trying to refine it and just don’t feel like it anymore really; I’ve decided to put the whole lib on standby for the immediate future, and when I continue (probably mid-november) I’ll start with a complete rewrite of the 802.11 system and the TCP stack, for version 0.5 – at that point I’ll have the chance to actually do some of these things *right*, and I perhaps won’t be as frustrated with a codebase based on flawed assumptions and a general lack of understanding ;)

I’ll post again sometime soon with information about what projects I am presently going to be pursuing, and which ones are on the back burner.