Nothing really big to show off, but a few things are moving along:

First, I’ve started a Flickr page! Pictures I take (typically of stuff I’m working on or taking apart) will be auto-uploaded to

I don’t always update the descriptions but any questions posted in the comments will be answered :)

Second, there has been some progress on bitbox; After some early failures, I now have the bitbox_test board working! I misread the datasheet for the LPC134x chips initially – The USB bootloader requires an external crystal; I’m not quite sure why I thought otherwise. For the bitbox I am attempting to do USB without a crystal even though the internal RC OSC might be slightly out of spec. Maybe I’ll need to revise it.

Next I’ll be writing some initial firmware for this board and then all things bitbox should start to move along.

I also ordered some laser cut acrylic for the test fixture, and should get that back in a bit over a week – this test fixture has been interesting to design – it’s a little overengineered in hindsight, I’ve since designed another fixture (for another project) that’s far simpler. Below is my laser cutting pattern with a few designs:

I’m using Ponoko to have this produced – will have to talk more about it next time.